The auction has been closed.
Tax not included / Free Shipping on all orders
The UR-210 gets a regal look with an 18k 5N red gold case!
A limited edition of 75 pieces, initially launched in 2013. The UR-210 RG quickly became one of the most popular versions of the 210 family.
This example we have to offer comes in like new condition, backed with a Pre-Owned two-year international warranty, new textured rubber and velcro strap, plus an original URWERK box.
The UR-210’s satellite complication with the retrograde minute is highly original and totally explosive. The principal feature is a high-tech, oversized, three-dimensional retrograde minute hand. Its function is to enclose the hour satellite and indicate the time as it transverses the 0-to-60-minute scale. This one-hour journey through time, tracing an arc of 120°, is smooth and fluid. But the true nature of the piece is revealed at the end of the 59th minute. Then a sharp, distinct “click” signals the return of the minute hand to its starting point. In less than 0.1 of a second, the hand flies back to dock with the next hour's satellite. This lightning-fast retrograde system is based on three key elements:
• A central axis set in ruby bearings provides excellent stability for the satellite/retrograde complication. A cylindrical marine chronometer type spring runs vertically around the axis and generates the optimal tension required for the retrograde minute's flyback.
• A minute hand, which also forms a frame for the hour satellites, extraordinarily displays the time. Milled from aluminium to exacting tolerances of approximately 3 microns, the whole structure has a total weight of just 0.302g and is counterbalanced by a brass weight. This three-dimensional cage offers rigidity as it transfers energy from the cylindrical flyback spring in the top centre of the carrousel to the double-star gear underneath.
• A double coaxial star-shaped cam regulates the retrograde mechanism through its gearing, and its rotation defines the trajectory of the minute hand. When the minute hand reaches 60, the double star trips a (one of three) hockey-stick-shaped spring under the mechanism, which liberates the minute to fly back to the next hour satellite at 0-minutes.
Flip the UR-210 over to reveal the turbine-assisted winding regulator through a sapphire window. Position the disc to REDUCED” to engage the rotor damping system. The air turbine compressor mounted on ruby bearings spins and creates internal resistance – enough friction to slow down or dampen the automatic winding rotor. In “STOP” mode, the automatic winding system is disabled entirely, and the UR-210 runs off reserve power and may require manual winding.
Felix Baumgartner - "In terms of the degree of evolution of the satellite carousel, I feel with the UR-210 that we have reached the pinnacle of what we can do with this complication."
Martin Frei - "Gold provides a unique feeling and emotion thanks to its density and its special appearance . In all the ancient and modern civilizations, gold was regarded as the material of the Gods. For me, as a trained sculptor and painter, touch is the first sense. This certainly explains my visceral attraction to gold. I like its solid, heavy, reassuring and eternal character “
Condition Rating UR-1: As new, with no or very few signs of wear, the movement is serviced and in working condition.
*Please note strap in photographs may differ due to export restrictions*
In the rare event that you’re not totally in love with your URWERK purchase, please contact us by calling +41 22 900 20 25 and we will talk you through our returns process.
Please note that we cannot refund returned items unless all elements on the returns checklist are confirmed.
1. All tags and labels are in place and haven’t at any point been removed from the product.
2. The watch or strap is unworn. Products are free of any marks, scratches that were not there at the time of shipping.
3. All instructions, guarantees, presentation packaging etc. are in the same condition as before shipping.
4. Returns are made to us within 14 days (URWERK does not cover the cost of returns; this falls to the client. Returning a product needs to be done by an official courier and be fully insured with a tracking number.)
Please contact us on +41 22 900 20 25 as soon as you become aware of a fault.
Once the item has been returned to URWERK for inspection and approval please allow up to 14 days from the date of receipt for the refund to be processed. Funds will be credited to the original payment method used.
We have you covered; as a thank you for selecting the URWERK CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED we ship anywhere in the world free of charge.
Nice and Simple. But remember we don't cover local import taxes and duties, these are the responsibility of the client. So please before making a purchase check with your local authorities regarding any possible fees.
Watches will be shipped using the best courier service based on your location. Please note, deliveries are not made on Bank Holidays or Sundays. Please allow additional time, if ordering on or near public holidays or weekends. Delivery will commence once payment is secured depending on payment type.
Please check that the shipping address is correct as we are unable to redirect orders once they're in transit, and we are unable to deliver to PO box numbers.
Before we can despatch your purchase, we may need to confirm your details with your card issuer. Please ensure that your billing address matches that kept on record with your card issuer. We will do our best to minimise any delay. Occasionally we may need to contact you to confirm additional security details before shipping your order.
Your purchase is insured whilst in transit until it is delivered to you. We require a signature for any goods delivered, at which point responsibility for your purchased goods passes to you. If you do not receive the goods in person (i.e. for gift orders or where an item has been signed for by a concierge/reception desk) then the person who signs for the package confirms receipt and is accountable for the package.
Please be aware that due to the protection of endangered species our watches cannot be shipped on Alligator leather straps. As this can result in major delays in you receiving your new purchase. If you do want to purchase a leather strap for your URWERK please contact us via the contact page and let us know and we will try our best to help.